Read/Post Comments (7)
My new blog
Follow me on:
2007-02-24 2:29 PM
The meme of Beeg
(Glommed from Laura
, who got it from Old Beeg
- What time do you get up in the morning?
No predicting. Left alone, I wake up around 8:30, but I'm usually not left alone.
- Diamonds or pearls?
One tiny diamond, left earlobe.
- What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Can't remember, but as usual, I got mad at somebody for chattering.
- What is your favorite TV show?
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, followed by HOUSE.
- What do you normally have for breakfast?
Tea, maybe a thing of Muscle Milk, multivitamin, CoQ10, fish oil capsules.
- What is your middle name?
- What is your favorite cuisine?
- What food do you most dislike?
The octopus slices that come with the sashimi platter. Before he died, I used to give them to the cat. Now I just throw them away. If I wanted to eat rubber, I'd do it less expensively.
Also, the particular kind of stinky cheese that smells like feet.
- What is your favorite chip?
I so rarely eat them anymore... what's got the highest salt content and greatest dip capacity?
- What is your favorite CD at the moment?
I only listen to my iPod in shuffle mode, so I don't really think in albums anymore. Nikka Costa's Can'tneverdidnothin' seems to be the one whose songs I never skip.
- What kind of car do you drive?
None. Thinking of getting one of these.
- What is your favorite sandwich?
I don't really eat sandwiches anymore, either. Offhand fantasies would be either a really good Thanksgiving sandwich (turkey, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, stuffing, on sourdough) or some kind of New Orleans-style pulled pork thing.
- Qualities I despise most in other people areā¦
- What are your favorite clothes?
Whatever I most recently got from Eddie Bauer. Currently wearing the chocolate-colored sherpa vest I got as a Chanukah present whenever the weather's warm enough.
- If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be?
With the family: Cape Cod
With my wife: Traveling through Europe
By myself: An archipelago adjacent to the southeast coast of Finland.
- What color are your eyes?
- What is your favorite brand of clothing?
Eddie Bauer, but once the weather's warm enough, I'm getting a Levi's jacket to replace the one I only owned for a few weeks
- Where would you want to retire?
- What is your favorite time of day?
6:00 PM, when I get home and hide around the corner from grinning toddlers yelling DADDY!
- Where were you born?
- What is your favorite sport to watch?
I don't get watching sports.
- Sock Sock, Shoe Shoe or Sock Shoe, Sock Shoe?
What maladjusted schizoid likes having one tied shoe and one bare foot?
- Cash, credit card or debit card?
Debit card, until it runs out. Then credit card.
- Pepsi or Coke?
- Cats or Dogs?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Pedicure or manicure?
The occasional haircut.
- Do you prefer funny or mushy cards?
- Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with everyone?
- What did you want to be when you were little?
Musician, marine cetologist.
- What do you have in your trunk right now?
No trunk. All kinds of crap in my bike panniers, ranging from sugar-free sports drink packets to bike parts and laptop accessories.
- What is your best childhood memory?
Oh, I don't know. But my earliest is the moon landing.
- What are some of the different jobs you have had in your life?
Gas attendant. Construction grunt. Pipeline patroller. Composer. Graphic artist.
- What is your favorite holiday?
- What is your favorite dessert?
Offhand: Tarte tatin at the Cafe du Monde in Quebec City.
- Where is your favorite get-away?
Quebec City, maybe Provincetown.
- Have you ever been to Africa?
- Glasses or contacts?
Contacts, until they suck all the moisture out of my eyeballs. Then glasses.
- Have you ever been toilet papering?
- Have you ever been in a car accident?
Not sure. Been in a bank robbery, though.
- What is your favorite day of the week?
Not sure. Definitely not Monday through Thursday.
- What is your favorite restaurant?
Cafe du Monde, Quebec City.
- Favorite flower?
You know, the pretty one with the colors.
- Favorite movies?
Sorry, I can barely remember any.
- Favorite Pastime?
- Favorite ice cream?
Anything seriously, seriously caramel.
Come to think of it, I'd like to add "jar of caramel and a spoon" to my "favorite dessert" answer.
- Favorite fast food restaurant?
I don't really do fast food. I just feel too lousy afterward.
- How many times did you fail your drivers test?
- From whom did you get your last email?
Not counting spam, from the DP of my new film, asking about high-res footage for his demo reel.
- Sandals or tennis shoes?
Depends on the weather. I grew up with nobody who wore sandals, but have been slowly converted by spouse. I still feel odd about it, though.
- Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
- If the speed limit is 60, what is the fastest you normally drive?
- What is your bedtime?
- Whose response to this are you most curious about?
- Last person you went to dinner with?
My wife, special occasion, at Artisanal.
- What are you listening to right now?
Naptime whines slowly subsiding in the next room (update: wrong!), airplane out the window, women conversing in the kitchen, room tone.
- What is your favorite color?
Something in the darks and earths, or possibly the spot of brightness that gives it all focus.
- How many tattoos do you have?
None. Can't think of one I could live with in twenty years.
- Smooth or crunchy peanut butter?
The archetypal peanut butter moment isn't the eating; it's the first despoiling of a fresh jar. Smooth is much better for this.
- What is your favorite drink?
Things I can no longer have, like kir and Thai iced tea.
Read/Post Comments (7)
Back to Top