and this time it's _____.
-10 points and no actual prize to whoever has the misfortune of being able to fill in that blank. 20 points and 5000 free bonus prize points!
to whoever can't.
- The website is up, the email's working.
- After a slight delay while things took the usual longer than anyone thought, Cupid & Psyche is in motion. There's only so much I can say without pissing off the FTC, but:
- Active befriending of private equity startup capital is underway,
- This is the direct result of actions taken by the same people producing my movie, and
- Ain't that cool?
- The next few bike purchases will be absolutely critical.
- I'm married to a woman who gets completely thrown out of the story when a man hangs out of his museum-scaling techno-trousers at an angle that would snap a human spine, and a larcenous penguin rides on top of them without falling off; but when the man and his dog build an orange rocket ship in a cellar and fly to a moon made of cheese, that's not a problem.
- I keep logging onto the Withoutabox festival submission system and finding new festivals to submit CREDO and I LOVE YOU, I'M SORRY, AND I'LL NEVER DO IT AGAIN to, realizing I've met all my goals with them so there's no reason to submit anywhere new, and canceling the transactions.
- I got seven and a half hours of sleep two nights in a row. Today I feel like myself. It's a strange sensation.
- I guess this must be the woman who smiles through the window at the boys every morning when we stop at the Fuse building on the way to preschool so we can yook at the bwue yetters.
- Last week I was riding home in a downpour, not quite slogging but not zipping, either, and this guy on a road bike startled me as he passed to the left. We were along the Hudson and both of us were soaking wet and dirty.
"Still beats the subway," he said, and I grinned as he pulled ahead and said, "Yeah it does."
- Patrick Hogan, who was responsible for I LOVE YOU, I'M SORRY, AND I'LL NEVER DO IT AGAIN getting its final surround-sound mix at Paramount Pictures, is a noteworthy writer/director himself. His first feature, POPE DREAMS, will be out soon on DVD. I saw it on a pier in Malibu and thought it was terrific--and shares one of the qualities people say they like about my novels, that they get musicians right. Warm up your Netflix queues.
- I believe the Large Hadron Collider will produce weak force gauge bosons and moist, fluffy cupcakes.
- It kills me how many things about my three-year-olds I'll forget by the time they're four.